Do you or someone you know experience acne? Restore clear skin with a Bioderma routine for you
Acne and oily skin, in most cases, appear around the age of 12-15 however their prevalence into adulthood are on the rise. In Australia, it is estimated that around 90% of 16-17-year-olds are affected by acne1, and approximately 10-20% of those will continue to experience some form of the disorder into adulthood2.
While it may be common, acne can have both physical and psychological repercussions. It can be inflamed, irritated, and cause distress both physically and emotionally. Particularly in teenagers, acne can lead to low self-esteem, and in severe cases, depression and/or anxiety. These can have a ripple effect into adulthood if the condition persists.
Each day our skin absorbs the external stresses of our surrounding environment - pollution, dirt, dust, bacteria, pollen. Over time, these can begin to breakdown our skin's natural protective barrier. Once the skin becomes unbalanced, our natural process can malfunction and begin to block the pores. This is why not only cleansing but cleansing with products that are going to aid in the repair and strengthening of our skin barrier is such an important step in our skincare routine.
Sébium H2O Micellar Water Cleanser has mimicked our first of its kind Sensibio H2O to create a rinse-free cleanser specifically for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin. By regulating oil and reducing shine, the Sébium H2O Micellar Water Cleanser's non-drying formula leaves the skin soothed, and purified of acne-causing bacteria.
- Effectively removes makeup and rids the skin of 93% of pollution
- Controls excess oil flow
- Gives a light exfoliation thanks to the gentle AHA, citric acid.
BIODERMA’s best-selling Sébium Gel moussant gently cleanses the skin with its soap-free and non-drying formula. The purifying active ingredients work to remove impurities and rebalance the quality of our skin's natural, healthy oil flow, preventing the pores from becoming clogged and breakouts returning.
- 23% decrease in the total number of acne blemishes
- 37.5% decrease in oil after use without drying out the skin
- Regulates and rebalances oil flow to prevent blocked pores
BIODERMA has formulated a range of products to help treat all types of combination, oily and acne-prone skin.
Excess oil flow
- Look for products that will mattify the skin but also have a moisturising action to avoid drying out.
- Ingredients like zinc gluconate have oil regulating properties to limit any excess oil flow.
- The instantly mattifying and smoothing Sébium Mat Control not only prevents excess shine but targets the source of blemishes by regulating poor-quality sebum that has the potential to block the pores. The perfect makeup base, it will tighten the pores, blur imperfections, and hydrate the skin for 8 hours.
- Look for products that contain an astringent effect; this means it will cause the pores to contract.
- Ingredients like agaric acid (a mushroom extract also referred to as fomes officinalis extract) will tighten enlarged pores and refine the skin texture.
- Sébium Pore refiner does exactly as the name says. Applied locally to areas of concern, you will see a visible difference in both the size and number of your pores in 15min while it also mattifies, controls oil flow, and smooths the skin texture.
Mild acne & blackheads
- Look for products that contain an exfoliating action.
- Ingredients like salicylic acid help to unblock the pores and remove thickened dead skin cells.
- Stopping acne and blackheads in their tracks, Sébium Global intensively purifies the skin to remove spots and limit their reappearance without irritation. It targets the cause of blemishes and blocked pores by preventing the thickening of oil flow and slowing its production.
- Look for products that specifically target acne redness and inflammation.
- Ingredients like licorice root extract (also referred to as enoxolone or glycyrrhetinic acid) have a soothing action and prevent inflammation at the source.
- Sébium Sensitive is the perfect treatment for sore, aggressive acne with its inflammation-targeting action. It restores the skin's natural protective functions and prevents new blemishes while eliminating redness, soothing current breakouts, preventing marks, and giving intense hydration.
Acne undergoing drying medicated treatment
- Look for nourishing products that will replenish the skin barrier and intensely hydrate.
- Ingredients like ceramides help to rebuild the protective film and are a part of healthy oil flow.
- Sébium Hydra is the compensating cream for medicated acne treatment symptoms. By rebuilding the protective barrier of the skin, it reduces strong itching sensations and calms the redness and sensitivity commonly experienced by the intense drying effect of these treatments. 24-hour hydration means comfort is instantly restored.
Hygiene & skincare
Combination to acne-prone skin
The Sébium range
The skin changes during adolescence: it becomes thicker, shiny, blemishes appear to a varying extent and sometimes remain into adulthood.
BIODERMA’s solution: Sébium, a range tailored to oily and acne-prone skin.
The Sébium range has cleansing and care products that are specifically recommended by dermatologists: face cleansers for oily skin, anti-blemish creams, moisturisers for acne-prone skin, and more. Choose your routine!
Find a store
View all our offers and products available in a pharmacy or health & beauty store near you.
View all our offers and products available from our e-partners.